Recipe: Bean and cheese burritos
- Details Category: Vegey Meals Published on Saturday, 08 June 2013 20:55 Written by Super User :
These bean burritos are a great way to get more delicious fiber in your diet. Each one is jam packed with beans, cheese, garlic, onion, jalapenos, and zesty tomato sauce that freezes brilliantly for healthy lunch options all week long.
1. Boil brown rice and set aside.
2. Cook 1 chopped onion, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 diced jalapeno, and 1 teaspoon of cumin until veggies are tender.
3. Stir in tomato paste, 2 cans of rinsed pinto beans and bring to a boil while mashing the beans into a thick paste.
4. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 additional minutes while adding 1 can of drained corn.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Line heated tortillas with 2 tablespoons of rice, 2/3 cup bean and rice mixture, and 1/4 cup cheese (your choice).
7. Fold tortilla cigar style and bake, seam down, on baking sheet for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and wrap individually in plastic wrap to freeze.