Recipe: Red Lentil Risotto
- Details Category: Vegey Meals Published on Saturday, 11 January 2014 20:14 Written by Super User :
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves gaarlic
- 200g red lentils
- 1 glass of white wine
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 chunk of Parmesan, grated
- 1 glug of skimmed milk
- 1 handful of fresh rocket
- peel and finely dice the shallot and garlic.
- strip the thyme leaves off of the stalks and add to a pan with the bay leaves, chopped shallots, garlic and a shot of olive oil.
- fry these slowly for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- pour in the lentils and stir to coat all the grains in sweet shallots.
- splash in the white wine, then add the stock, a little at a time, bringing the lentils back to a simmer before adding more each time.
- stir continuously until all the stock has been added and the lentils have swollen and cooked, this should take about 10-15 minutes.
- chuck in the grated parmesan, the milk and season well with a salt and pepper.
- serve a ladle of the risotto with a mound of fresh rocket on top to serve.
- serves 2