Recipe: Cheese Pie with Cheese Pastry Crust
- Details Category: Vegey Meals Published on Monday, 02 July 2012 18:51 Written by ethel :
Preparation time: less than 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins to 1 hour
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- olive oil
- 110ml/4fl oz fish stock
- 110ml/4fl oz double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300g/10½oz ready-to-roll puff pastry
- 700g/1½lb fish, cut into chunks (salmon, cod, haddock or mixture)
- 110g/4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp chives, chopped
- 4 slices Emmenthal cheese
- 2 tbsp grain mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Sauté the shallot in a little olive oil. After a few minutes add the fish stock and cream and bring to the boil. Season and leave to one side.
- Roll out the pastry to twice the size of the ovenproof dish.
- Place the fish, mushrooms and chives in the dish. Season and cover with the sauce.
- Spread half of the pastry with the mustard and cheese. Fold the other half over the top, sandwiching the mustard and cheese in the middle.
- Top the pie with the pastry, crimp the edges and then egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.