Recipe: Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Details Category: Vegey Meals Published on Monday, 02 July 2012 18:54 Written by ethel :
- 1 cauliflower
- 40g butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ pint milk
- 4 oz grated cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil the cauliflower in rapidly boiling salted water until just tender.
- Melt the butter and stir in the flour – cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and gradually stir in the milk.
- Bring to the boil and stir until it thickens.
- Stir in 3 oz cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain cauliflower and place in ovenproof dish.
- Pour sauce over and sprinkle rest of cheese over top.
- Place under a hot grill until brown.
Try using parmesan as the cheese over the top.
Try cheddar and ricotta for the sauce.