Recipe: Harissa 1
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Tuesday, 10 July 2012 10:57 Written by Super User :
- 12 dried red chilli peppers
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- olive oil to cover
- Soak the chilli peppers in hot water for about 30 minutes.
- Remove tops and stalks, cut open and remove seeds.
- Process chillis, garlic, salt and oil in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add remaining spices and blend again into a smooth paste.
- Place in a small airtight container and float a layer of olive oil on top to keep out the air.
- Should stay fresh in refrigerator for several weeks.