Recipe: Tomato Relish - quick and easy
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 19:55 Written by ethel :
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 10 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- Half green chilli
- 75 g brown sugar
- 75 ml wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- tabasco, to taste
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the onions until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli and garlic and mix well, then add the sugar, vinegar and cinnamon and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper and set aside to cool.