Recipe: Mushroom sauce for steak - with wine
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Friday, 28 September 2012 20:16 Written by Super User :
- 1 small onion
- 140g mushrooms , quartered
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- 150ml red wine
- 1 tbsp butter Add
- Fry the steak as normal in a pan. Remove and set aside
- Add the onion, mushrooms and thyme leaves to the pan, then cook for a couple of mins until softened and golden.
- Pour in the wine and bubble until syrupy, then turn off the heat and stir in the butter.
- Serve the steaks with the mushroom sauce poured over.