Recipe: Mushroom sauce for steak - with cream
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Friday, 28 September 2012 20:30 Written by Super User :
- 1 small onion
- 140g mushrooms , quartered
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- 100ml double cream
- 1 large teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Fry the steaks as normal in a pan. Remove and set aside
- Add the mushrooms and thyme leaves to the pan, then cook for a couple of mins until softened and golden.
- Stir in the double cream and mustard
- Allow to bubble for 1 minute
- Serve the steaks with the mushroom sauce poured over.