Recipe: Ketchup, Spicy
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 00:09 Written by ethel :
- 1 lb Fresh Tomatoes
- 4 - 8 Hot Chiles (Red Habanero's are best)
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic salt
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp white sugar
- Halve the tomatoes and remove stalk section.
- Cut the Chilies into strips. Remove seeds for a milder sauce.
- Put all the ingredients into a stainless steel pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 45 minutes with the lid on.
- Then remove the lid and simmer for another 5-10 minutes to thicken the mixture.
- Pour the whole lot into a food processor and blend with a fine blade setting.
- Pour into a pre-warmed bottle and allow to cool.
- Use this sauce as you would tomato ketchup, but with more zing.
- To make it hotter just add more chillies