Recipe: Lemon Curd
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 10:11 Written by ethel :
- grated zest and juice 4 large juicy lemons
- 4 large eggs
- 12 oz (350 g) golden caster sugar
- 8 oz (225 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into small lumps
- 1 level dessertspoon cornflour
- Begin by lightly whisking the eggs in a medium-sized bowl
- then add the rest of the ingredients
- place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water making sure the water does not touch the bowl
- Now whisk continuously using a balloon whisk until the mixture thickens – about 7-8 minutes
- Next, lower the heat to its minimum setting and let the curd gently simmer for a further minute, continuing to whisk
- After that, remove it from the heat.
- Now pour the lemon curd into the hot, sterilised jars, filling them as full as possible, cover straightaway with waxed disc
- seal while it is still hot and label when it is cold.
- It will keep for several weeks, but it must be stored in a cool place.