Recipe: MJCT’s Red Chilli Sauce
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 11:36 Written by ethel :
- Handful dried bird’s-eye chillis
- Tin of good quality chopped tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 heaped desert spoon tomato puree
- 1 tsp roasted ground cumin
- 1 tsp roasted ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar vinegar
- Rehydrate chillis, reserving liquid.
- Blitz chillis and tomatoes in food processor.
- Fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add all ingredients, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes using reserved liquid from dried chillis to adjust consistency.
- Blitz again to get rid of onions.