Recipe: Piri-piri Sauce
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 19:12 Written by ethel :
- 4 cayenne chillies, cleaned and finely chopped
- juice of one Lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- one tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- one tablespoon Paprika
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Remove stems and seeds from chillies.
- Grind and mix all ingredients to a fine paste by hand or use a blender or food processor.
- If you want to go hotter add ground cayenne pepper or seeds from chillies.
- Cook in a hot frying-pan for a few minutes.
- Store in a sterilized jar in the refrigerator.
- The flavour will develope over the following week.