Recipe: Chilli Sauce
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Sunday, 28 October 2012 18:39 Written by ethel :
- 250 gm. fresh chillies, red
- 1 tbs. ginger, grated
- 750 ml white vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tsp. salt, adjust to taste
- 3 cups sugar (you can reduce sugar if you like)
- 300 gm sultanas
- De-seed chillies.
- Put chillies and vinegar in a blender and puree.
- Place the puree and all other ingredients in a heavy bottomed pan and simmer until sultanas and chillies are cooked and soft.
- Allow to cool. Make a puree in a blender.
- Store in sterilised bottles.
You can also put dry red chillies in sherry or gin. Then use a few drops of this hot liquid on your food.