Recipe: Sweet Chilli Ginger Sauce
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Sunday, 28 October 2012 19:54 Written by ethel :
- 8 red chili peppers, finely chopped
- 120 ml rice vinegar
- 1 pinch(es) fresh ginger, minced
- 100 g sugar
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- 120 ml water
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine the chillies, sugar, water, rice vinegar, paprika, garlic and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and let simmer until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add lime juice and simmer for another 1 minute.
- Cool before serving.