Recipe: Green chutney - curry starter
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Thursday, 10 January 2013 17:55 Written by ethel :
This goes well with all tandoori dishes and most North Indian snacks. It keeps well in the fridge for 4-5 days. You can add yoghurt and a pinch of sugar for a green chutney as you'd find in restaurants, or add desiccated coconut for a Southern flavour.
- 80g/2¾oz fresh coriander leaves and stalks, washed
- 20g/¾oz fresh mint leaves, washed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, or to taste, seeds removed, chopped
- 15 raw pistachio nuts, shells removed, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or to taste
- salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp water
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.