- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:42 Written by ethel :
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 salt (taste it, it needed quite a lot of salt)
- 1 freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large teaspoons of pre- made Dijon mustard
- 400ml olive oil
- Blend all ingredients, except the olive oil, in a food processor.
- Spoon the oil in a drizzle into the blender until it starts to form a thick sauce - about half the oil - then drizzle the ret of the oil in.
- The mixture, once blended, should be vibrant and yellow in colour.
To vary the flavour, add a little mustard or some saffron.
If you'd like your mayonnaise runnier, add a couple of tablespoons of hot water.
Serve with baguette slices and/or a selection of raw vegetables, such as celery, carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, radishes, strips of fennel, strips of pepper, cherry tomatoes.