Recipe: Barbecue Sauce
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Thursday, 07 November 2013 19:30 Written by Super User :
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium chilli
- 85g brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add the onion.
- Cook over a gentle heat 4-5 mins, until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients, season and mix.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 mins, until thickened.
- For a smooth sauce, simply blend the mixture in a food processor or with a hand blender for a few seconds.