Recipe: Plum Sauce
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 20:38 Written by Super User :
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 smalk thumb-sized pieced of ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g dark red plums, halved, stoned and cut into small wedges
- 50g demerara sugar
- 50ml red wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 200ml beef stock
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- Fry the spring onion and garlic in the oil for 5 mins or until softened but not coloured.
- Add the plums, ginger and sugar, stirring for a few mins until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the red wine, soy sauce and stock, then simmer for about 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly thickened.
- Add the chilli sauce and cook until the desired consistency achieved.
- Keep warm or leave at room temperature for up to a day before reheating to serve.