Recipe: Radish Relish Sep2016
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Tuesday, 22 July 2014 18:16 Written by Super User :
- 400g radishes
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 inch length of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Clean and rinse radishes.
- Place radishes, garlic and onion in food processor to finely chop.
- In a large pot, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, coriander, cumin, mustard seed, black pepper and ginger.
- Let come to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add radish mixture and bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and place in container to store in fridge.
- Or if you want to can this, leave 1/4 inch head space and water bath process for 20 minutes.