Recipe: My Radish Relish Recipe
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Tuesday, 22 July 2014 21:08 Written by Super User :
- 4-5 bunches radishes (a large bowl of freshly picked radish with leaves)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small white onion - strong
- 6 cloves peeled garlic - strong
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white malt vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 desertspoon whole coriander
- 1.5 dessertspoon cumin seed
- 1.5 dessertspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 inch length of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1.5 dessertspoon cream of horseradish
- Clean and rinse radishes.
- Place radishes, garlic and onion in food processor to finely chop.
- In a large pot, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, coriander, cumin, mustard seed, black pepper and ginger.
- Let come to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add radish mixture.
- If there are enough radishes you should have a thick soup. Add more vinegar if to dry.
- Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Liquid should come out of the radish and onions.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Boil to reduce to correct consistency.
- Whilst the relish is cooking sterilise jars in oven and allow to cool.
- Remove relish from heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Add relish to sterile jars whilst still warm.
- Let cool and place in container to store in fridge.
- Or if you want to can this, leave 1/4 inch head space and water bath process for 20 minutes.