Recipe: Red currant sauce for pork
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Saturday, 16 August 2014 18:51 Written by Super User :
- 450g/1lb fresh or frozen redcurrants
- 300g/11oz soft light brown sugar
- 1 orange, couple of pieces of zest
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 100ml/3½fl oz port
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook gently for about 20 minutes until you have a loose jam consistency.
- Discard the rosemary and orange zest and leave to cool to room temperature. Keep until required.