Recipe: Courgette - Spiced Chutney Recipe
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Monday, 02 July 2012 18:11 Written by ethel :
Makes 1kg - Ready in 2 hours
- 2 onions , chopped
- 500g tomatoes, chopped
- 500g courgettes, diced
- 300ml white wine vinegar
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 250g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- thumb-sized piece root ginger, grated
- 4 garlic clove, crushed
- Put all the ingredients in a large pan.
- Bring slowly to a simmer, stirring to stop the mixture sticking.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours until dark, thick and chutney-like.
- Pour into sterilised jars and leave for 2-3 weeks before eating.