Recipe: Chestnut Stuffing
- Details Category: Condiments, Jams, Preserves, Pickles and Sauces Published on Monday, 02 July 2012 18:49 Written by ethel :
- Onion - chopped
- Celery – chopped
- Lean bacon – chopped
- 115g Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons fresh Parsley – chopped
- Rind of one Lemon
- 435g can Chestnut Puree
- 200g whole Chestnuts – roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Egg – beaten
- Fry 115 g each of chopped onion, celery and lean bacon in 25g butter until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix in 115g fresh white breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp chopped parsley, grated rind 1 lemon, 435g can chestnut puree, 200g whole chestnuts (roughly chopped) and season with 1 tsp dried thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bind the mixture with 1 beaten egg.
- Bake with the bird.