Recipe: Filo mushroom cups
- Details Category: Amuses-Bouches and Appetisers Published on Wednesday, 30 December 2015 19:16 Written by Super User :
- filo pastry
- 200g exotic or wild mushrooms
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp finely chopped thyme leaves
- knob of butter
- 1 tsp light olive oil
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 40g medium dry sherry or white wine
- 100g double cream
- 2 tbsp melted butter for the fiol pastry
- 80g butternut squash in 1/2cm dice
For the filling
- Roast the butternut squash pieces in a litle oil at 190c until golden and soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms over a high heat until well coloured and the water evaporated
- Remove from pan and add butter and saute the onions over a low heat for 2-3 mins or until translucent.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for further 2 mins.
- Add the mushrooms back in, turn up the heat and then add the sherry, cook until evaporated.
- Add the cream and season well, reduce heat and cook until thickened.
- Finish with the truffle oil and leavbe to cool.
For the filo cups
- Take a sheet of filo and cut into squares of 8cm.
- Brush with melted butter and place one square on top of another at an angle to form a star shape. Repeat.
- Brush the mini muffin tin with melted butter and push each star into a cup, scrunching the sides to from a cup.
- Place a tsp of mixture into each cup and bake at 180c for 10-12 mins or golden.