Recipe: Duck Sauce - Orange and Rosemary
- Details Category: Duck and other Fowl Based Published on Sunday, 08 July 2012 19:47 Written by ethel :
- Duck stock 500ml
- Muscovado Sugar 90g
- Orange Juice Concentrate 40ml (or Fresh Orange Juice 120ml)
- Red Wine Vinegar 24ml
- Tomato Puree 35g
- Cornflour (starch) 28g
- Orange Curacao (or other orange liqueur) 14ml
- Salt 13g
- Ground White Pepper 0.5g
- Zest of 1 orange 18g approx
- Fresh Chopped Rosemary 3g (1 tablespoon)
- Place all of the ingredients except the fresh rosemary and the cornflour in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour in a little cold water.
- Remove pan from the heat, add the cornflour whilst stirring, then add the chopped rosemary.
- Return to the heat and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.