Recipe: Roast Duck Legs
- Details Category: Duck and other Fowl Based Published on Tuesday, 01 May 2012 19:06 Written by Super User :
- 4 duck legs
- ½ tsp five spice powder
- bunch of rosemary sprigs
- 4 fat garlic cloves
- half a bottle of red wine
- 2 tbsp redcurrants or quince jelly
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Put the duck legs in one layer in a roasting tin on a bed of rosemary sprigs and garlic cloves.
- Sprinkle with salt and five-spice powder.
- Roast for 1 hr.
- Meanwhile, bring the wine and jelly to a gentle simmer, stirring to dissolve the jelly, then continue to simmer for 5 mins.
- When the duck has been cooking for an hour remove from the oven and spoon off almost all the fat (save it for roast potatoes), then pour the wine mixture around it and return to the oven for 10-15 mins tfinish cooking.
- Remove the legs and put aside and keep warm.
- Transfer sauce to a pan and reduce.
- Making it with lamb
- Instead of duck legs, roast a half leg or shoulder of lamb
- for the same cooking time.
- Posted from my android device using Joomla Admin Mobile!