Recipe: Wellington - pheasant breast
- Details Category: Duck and other Fowl Based Published on Monday, 30 November -0001 00:00 Written by Super User :
Makes 2 individual Wellingtons
- 2 pheasant breasts
- Packet chicken liver pâté
- 1 small red onion
- Half a pack of mushrooms
- 4 rashers streaky Bacon
- Half a pack of ready made puff pastry
- Chop the mushrooms finely and sauté in a little butter until cooked and dry. Set aside to cool.
- Chop the red onion finely and sauté in a little butter until cooked and dry. Set aside to cool.
- Flash fry the pheasant breasts in a little very hot oil to sear the outside. Set aside to cool.
- Fry the bacon until only just cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Roll the pastry 4mm thick into 2 rectangles. Place a rectangle on a sheet of cling film.
- Coat the pheasant breasts with pâté.
- Place some mushroom mixture on the pastry.
- Put the coated pheasant breast on top.
- Put some bacon on top.
- Put some onion on top.
- Using the cling film, roll the pastry and seal around the mixture.
- Make a hole in the top and decorate with spare pastry.
- Bake in a Gas Mark 7 oven for 5 minutes then reduce to Gas Mark 5 for another 20 to 30 minutes.