Recipe: Tempura batter
- Details Category: Informative Published on Saturday, 26 July 2014 20:48 Written by Super User :
- 100g Plain flour
- 40g Cornflour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 200ml Ice cold sparkling water
- Sunflower oil for deep frying
- Make the batter by adding all the dry ingredients to a bowl, lightly whisk the dry ingredients to get rid on any lumps and to mix everything together.
- Add the water, whisking as you go, don’t worry about a few lumps, you want a consistency like single cream.
- Use immediately.
- Fry in vegetable oil at around 165 degC.