Recipe: Devilled Kidneys on toast
- Details Category: Breakfast Published on Sunday, 08 July 2012 19:44 Written by ethel :
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 lambs' kidneys, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To serve
- 2 slices white bread, toasted
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Place the Worcestershire sauce, tomato purée, lemon juice, mustard powder and cayenne powder into a bowl and
- whisk together well.
- Heat a frying pan until hot, then add the butter and kidneys and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden-brown all over.
- Pour the dressing onto the kidneys and stir well to combine. Cook for a further minute or two, until the kidneys are
- completely cooked through. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, place the toast onto two plates and top each slice with the kidneys and pan juices. Garnish with flatleaf parsley.