Recipe: Devilled Kidney
- Details Category: Breakfast Published on Sunday, 08 July 2012 19:51 Written by ethel :
- The devil sauce will actually improve if made in advance.
- 8 lambs kidneys
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon French mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 25g butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- Remove the skin from the kidneys, cut them in half and cut away the cores.
- Mix together the Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, lemon juice, mustard, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and reserve.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a moderate heat and cook the kidneys for about three minutes on each side.
- Pour the devil sauce over the kidneys, then quickly stir so that they are evenly coated.
- Serve immediately with roasted tomatoes, sprinkled with chopped parsley and garnished with toasted triangles.