Recipe: Bacon, Egg and Spinach Muffin
- Details Category: Breakfast Published on Thursday, 07 June 2012 08:37 Written by Adrian :
- 8 strips Streaky Bacon
- 4 thick slices bread cut to size of the base of the muffin tin.
- 150g Baby Spinach
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Grated Gruyère
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 6.
- Mince up your cloves of garlic well and toss them into a large pan or wok with your olive oil. Fry that garlic until it turns golden and fragrant.
- Throw in your spinach and cover with a lid.
- While the spinach is cooking, lightly fry the bacon. Don’t cook them all the way through; leave them soft for final cooking in the oven.
- Take the lid off your spinach. Everything should have wilted by now. Even if it didn’t, continue to stir it up until everything is cooked. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and set it aside.
- Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place 4 rounds of bread into the bottom of the muffin tins.
- Add some shredded gruyère cheese.
- Put some spinach down.
- Line the perimeter of the cups with 2 strips of bacon.
- Carefully crack an egg in the middle. A second egg could be added if you have used thin bread.
- Top with more cheese.
- Pop them in the oven for about 8 minutes, or until the whites have cooked and the yolks are still runny.
- Serve with an extra shredding of gruyere and any leftover spinach.
- Posted from my android device using Joomla Admin Mobile!