Recipe: Bacon, Egg and Tomato Muffin
- Details Category: Breakfast Published on Friday, 22 June 2012 16:34 Written by Super User :
This recipe fails due to moisture in the tomato. Try doing it without!!!
- 8 strips Streaky Bacon
- 4 thick slices bread cut to size of the base of the muffin tin.
- 2 medium to small tomatoes, halved or quartered to fit during assembly into muffin tin.
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Grated Gruyère cheese
- 2 teaspoons white ine vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil Non-stick cooking spray
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 6.
- Gently fry the tomato halves in the olive oil. Do not fully cook through so the tomato retains its shape.
- Add the vinegar to the pan and flash fry on high heat to get rid of the liquid
- While the tomatoes are cooking, lightly fry the bacon. Don’t cook them all the way through; leave them soft for final cooking in the oven.
- Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place 4 rounds of bread into the bottom of the muffin tins.
- Add some grated gruyère cheese.
- Line the perimeter of the cups with 2 strips of bacon.
- Place a tomato in the centre. Season well.
- Carefully crack an egg in the middle. A second egg could be added if you have used thin bread.
- Top with more cheese.
- Pop them in the oven for around 10 to 15 minutes, or until the whites have cooked and the yolks are still runny.
- Serve with grated gruyère over the top.