Recipe: Asparagus Salad
- Details Category: Salads & Light Mains Published on Tuesday, 10 July 2012 10:25 Written by Super User :
A warm asparagus salad suitable for a simple, lunch using fresh British asparagus when in season or whenever fresh asparagus is available. This asparagus salad recipe is filled with the best of summer vegetables, peas, beans and rocket.
If you can't find any of these just use any that take your fancy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb/ 450g asparagus
- 6 oz/175g shelled young peas
- 6 oz/175g shelled young broad beans
- 4 tbsp olive oil Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp runny honey Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz/110g rocket
- Clean the asparagus and trim any white ends; peel with a vegetable peeler if necessary.
- Blanch the asparagus, peas and beans in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until just tender.
- Place olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey and seasoning in a screw top jar and shake well until combined.
- Drain the vegetables and toss in the dressing while they are still warm.
- Serve on a bed of rocket leaves.