Recipe: Beans and tomato and feta salad
- Details Category: Salads & Light Mains Published on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 23:21 Written by Super User :
Yield 4 servings
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 pound thin green beans, trimmed
- 1 (5 ounce) package arugula leaves
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 2..
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and arrange them, cut sides up, on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and the bay leaf; drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Bake the tomatoes until they are shriveled and dry on the outside, but a little moist inside, about 2 hours altough depends on tomatoes!!
- Toast the pine nuts in a small pan over medium-low heat, gently shaking the pan as they toast, until beginning brown and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes; set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil; cook the green beans in the boiling water until bright green but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse immediately with cold water.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, green beans, arugula, and basil in a salad bowl. Whisk together the red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, honey, and 1/4 cup olive oil in a bowl, and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Stir in the crumbled feta cheese just before serving.