Recipe: Stuffed peppers
- Details Category: Salads & Light Mains Published on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 20:33 Written by Adrian :
- 8 red or yellow baby peppers
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 85g/3oz provolone cheese, cut into very small cubes
- 4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp finely chopped chives
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6.
- Remove the stalks from the peppers and set aside.
- With a small, sharp knife, remove the white membrane and seeds from inside the peppers, taking care not to tear the flesh.
- Mix together the mashed potatoes, provolone, parmesan, egg, chives and some salt and pepper.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the peppers three-quarters full with the mixture and then put the stalks back in place, like a stopper.
- Pack the peppers tightly into an ovenproof dish, drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 30 minutes until tender.
- Serve immediately with a good green salad.
- They can be eaten cold.