Recipe: Manchego and fig chutney
- Details Category: Salads & Light Mains Published on Wednesday, 03 October 2012 16:13 Written by Super User :
- 1 red onion , finely chopped
- 4.0 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1.0 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- a thumb-sized piece ginger , grated
- 4.0 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 figs , cut into wedges
- 12 thin slices French stick , drizzled with olive oil and toasted (crostini)
- 100.0g Manchego , shaved
- a handful rocket
- Put the onion, sugar, spices, ginger and vinegar in a pan and cook together slowly until the onion is completely softened.
- Add the fig wedges and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the figs are just starting to break down.
- To serve, top the crostini with a little Manchego, some fig chutney and a couple of rocket sprigs.