Recipe: New Potato Salad
- Details Category: Salads & Light Mains Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 16:09 Written by ethel :
- 700 Gram New potatoes, small (1 1/2 lb)
- 2 Hard-boiled eggs, yolks only
- Large pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Caster sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Anchovy essence
- 1 Tablespoon Herb vinegar
- 150 ml Double cream (5 fl oz)
- Fresh chives, snipped for garnish
- Cook the potatoes in their skins in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Boil 2 eggs for 10 minutes, allow to cool then shell and remove the white leaving only the yolks.
- Mash the egg yolks, cayenne pepper and sugar to a paste with the anchovy essence, vinegar and 1 teaspoon of cold water. Stir in the cream.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain thoroughly and toss with the dressing. Serve warm or cold, garnished with the snipped chives.
- Replace the cream with soured cream or natural yogurt and substitute the anchovy essence for 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs such as tarragon, chives, mint or parsley.