Recipe: Avocado and chorizo warm salad
- Details Category: Salads & Light Mains Published on Thursday, 13 June 2013 19:54 Written by Super User :
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small ciabatta , torn into small bite-pieces
- 2 x 80g packs sliced chorizo
- 250g pack baby plum or cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch sugar
- 1 large, ripe avocado , halved, stoned and sliced
- 150g bag baby leaf and herb salad
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the ciabatta for 8-10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until starting to crisp and brown, then tip into a large salad bowl.
- Lay the chorizo in the pan and dry-fry for 2 minutes until it gives out a red oil. Toss in the tomatoes and cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes until they start to soften. Drizzle over the vinegar, add the sugar and season well.
- MIX TOGETHER Gently toss the avocado, salad and remaining olive oil with the croutons. Spoon over the chorizo and tomatoes and drizzle with any pan juices. Serve immediately.