Recipe: Corn cakes with avocado salsa
- Details Category: Salads & Light Mains Published on Thursday, 13 June 2013 19:57 Written by Super User :
- 50g self-raising flour
- 1 egg , beaten
- 200g canned or frozen sweetcorn
- bunch spring onions , trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 avocado , cut into small chunks
- 1 lime , ½ juiced and the rest cut into 4
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the flour, egg, corn and half the onions with some seasoning, then mix well. Mix the avocado with the remaining onions, lime juice, coriander and seasoning, then set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan. Drop tbsps of the corn mixture into the frying pan, smoothing them down to form cakes. Cook for about 2-3 mins on each side over a medium heat, adding the remaining oil if you need to. Serve hot with the avocado salsa, lime wedges and some warm refried beans.