Recipe: Chinese Slaw
- Details Category: Salads & Light Mains Published on Thursday, 27 March 2014 17:55 Written by Super User :
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/2 small red cabbage grated
- 1 mini red pepper , 1 mini yellow pepper finely sliced or 1 large pepper of either colour
- 1/2 small onion finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 cm root ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 dessert spoon fish sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Few mixed leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare all the vegetables for the slaw by placing the carrot, red cabbage, pepper, onion and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Just before serving add the ginger, sesame oil, fish sauce, lime and mixed leaves to the bowl with the vegetables.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and then toss everything together.