Recipe: Chinese Soft Cabbage
- Details Category: Salads & Light Mains Published on Thursday, 27 March 2014 19:38 Written by Super User :
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 450g shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine (Shaoxing wine) or sherry!
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic, and cook for a few seconds until it begins to brown.
- Stir in the cabbage until it is coated in oil; cover the wok, and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the soy sauce, and cook and stir for another minute.
- Increase the heat to high, and stir in the Chinese cooking wine.
- Cook and stir until the cabbage is tender, about 2 minutes more.