Recipe: Scallops, melon, parma ham
- Details Category: Salads & Light Mains Published on Saturday, 09 August 2014 19:46 Written by ethel :
2 pepino melons, seeded
• 2 tsp sugar
• 6 chives, minced
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 10 sea scallops
• 1 tsp soy sauce
• 5 paper-thin slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
• 10 basil leaves plus 4 sprigs
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Cut one melon into a fine dice; place in glass bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of the sugar and 2/3 of the chives; set aside. Chop the other melon into chunks; place in blender with 1 teaspoon of the sugar and salt. Process until smooth. Cover; refrigerate.
- Combine the scallops, soy sauce and remaining chives in a nonreactive bowl; set aside. Place 1 scallop on 1 prosciutto half-slice; top with a basil leaf. Roll prosciutto slice around scallop; place seam side down on plate or storage container. Repeat with remaining scallops; refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 450 º. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; add scallop/prosciutto rolls, seam side down. Cook, turning, until prosciutto begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer scallop packages to baking sheet; bake 4 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the diced melon mixture in the center of 5 small plates; arrange 3 scallop rolls around fruit on each plate. Top scallops with melon puree; garnish with basil sprigs.