Recipe: Onion Soup
- Details Category: Soups Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 12:51 Written by ethel :
- One large onion – sliced very thinly
- 25g butter
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pint (or a bit more) very rich beef stock
- Garlic (lots – either 2 teaspoons of dried or about 5 cloves chopped)
- Heat olive oil and butter in large frying pan and add onions, garlic and sugar when very hot.
- Fry on high heat until onions are well browned (not burnt) then put on very low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Any oil residue may need to be skimmed off.Season as required.