Recipe: Roast pepper and chilli soup with crunch herb croutons
- Details Category: Soups Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 21:10 Written by ethel :
- 5 red peppers, quartered and deseeded
- 2 long red chillies, halved (with seeds)
- 6 peeled cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots, cut into 5cm chunks
- 600g ripe tomatoes, halved
- 6tbsp olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 2tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
- Place the peppers, chillies, garlic, carrots and tomatoes in a roasting tray and toss them in 3tbsp of olive oil.
- Season and roast in the oven for about 45-50 minutes, until the vegetables are softened and begin to char around the edges.
- Tear the ciabatta into small pieces and toss in a bowl with 3tbsp of olive oil, herbs and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for about 8-10 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, cool slightly and place in a blender with the stock. Blitz to a smooth consistency. The soup is now ready to serve straight away or gently heated when needed.