Recipe: Spicy Roasted Parsnip Soup
- Details Category: Soups Published on Sunday, 28 October 2012 21:09 Written by ethel :
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds , plus extra to garnish
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 large onion , cut into 8 chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 675g parsnips , diced
- 2 plum tomatoes , quartered
- 1.2l vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- In a bowl, mix together the oil and spices.
- Add the vegetables and mix well.
- Spread over a heavy baking sheet, then roast for 30 mins until tender.
- Spoon into a food processor or liquidiser with half the stock and process until smooth.
- Pour into a pan with the remaining stock, season, then heat until barely simmering.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Garnish with cumin seeds.