Recipe: Roasted Butternut squash soup with parmesan
- Details Category: Soups Published on Sunday, 11 November 2012 17:29 Written by Super User :
- 2 medium sized butternut squash
- 2 medium size onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a couple of sprigs of thyme
- 1 litre of chicken stock (your own or stock cubes)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Chilli sauce to taste
- Firstly roughly chop the squash (disposing of the seeds) and onion into large chunks, and crush the garlic.
- Put a small amount of oil into a roasting tin and throw in the squash, onions, garlic and thyme.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes at 180 C / Gas 4, or until all the ingredients have a nice caramelised colour on them, but not burnt.
- Warm up the stock, and then put all of the roasted vegetables into a blender, with a couple of spoonfuls of the stock and blend.
- Depending on how thin or thick you like your soup, you can now add more stock, if you find that you have put too much stock in, it isn't a problem, just place the soup into a saucepan and slowly boil until the soup has reduced to the consistency that you want.
- Now all you need to do is season with salt and pepper, serve and grate parmesan into the soup. Enjoy with a nice wedge of crusty bread. Add chilli sauce to taste.