Recipe: Hot Chocolate Sauce
- Details Category: Desserts Published on Tuesday, 16 October 2012 23:26 Written by ethel :
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, or other flavoring extract of choice
- Place the chocolate in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine the milk, heavy cream, and butter and cook over medium high heat until the mixture just comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Allow mixture to sit, undisturbed, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk mixture until all chocolate melts and the sauce is very smooth. Whisk in vanilla and serve immediately, or place in a heat-proof bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- When the mixture is cool, refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Mixture may be reheated gently as needed, or microwaved for 30-second intervals until the sauce melts.