Recipe: Orange Poached Pears
- Details Category: Desserts Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 16:14 Written by ethel :
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 orange, cut in strips
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 ripe but firm pears, peeled, cored, and quartered lengthwise
- In a large saucepan combine orange juice, water, sugar, zest, cloves, and cinnamon stick.
- Add pears and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until pears are tender.
- Put pears and syrup in refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve pears with sauce spooned over, garnished with orange zest.
- Remove cinnamon stick and cloves, if desired.