Recipe: Spotted dick with banana
- Details Category: Desserts Published on Sunday, 28 October 2012 19:59 Written by ethel :
- 300g/10½oz plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g/5¼oz shredded suet (vegetarians can use vegetable suet)
- 75g/2½oz sugar
- 100g/3½oz currants
- 1 orange, zest only
- 2 bananas, peeled and chopped
- 150ml/5¼fl oz whole milk
- butter, for greasing
- custard, to serve
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, suet, sugar, currants and orange zest.
- Stir in the banana pieces and gradually pour in the milk to make a dough.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder about 15cm x 5cm/6in x 2in. Wrap loosely in buttered greaseproof paper, leaving room for it to rise, and seal at each end.
- Place the pudding into a steamer, cover and steam for an hour.
- To serve, remove the pudding from the steamer and cut into slices. Place into serving bowls and pour some custard over