Recipe: STEAMED LEMON PUDDING
- Details Category: Desserts Published on Sunday, 28 October 2012 20:42 Written by ethel :
All Englishmen have nostalgic memories of hot puddings, especially the Steamed Lemon pudding, which nobody can make like Grandmother used to.
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 100 grams butter - softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Grated rind & juice of 2 lemons
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Fold in flour, salt, baking powder, lemon rind and juice.
- Place in buttered 4 cup bowl.
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil and place in a steamer.
- Steam the pudding over boiling water on top of the stove for 1¼ hours.
- Lemon Mixture.
- Cook three tablespoons lemon juice, grated rind one lemon, and one-fourth cup butter two minutes.
- Add one cup sugar and three eggs slightly beaten; cook until mixture thickens, cool and serve.